GUIDELINES FOR AUTHORS
Guidelines for Authors
JPMP accepts research/original articles and review articles. All paper should adhere and relate to the scope and policy of JPMP. Submission of articles on subjects with relevance (multidisciplinary) to the journal are welcomed. The journal is limited to 2 issues per year (June and December). The submission should adhere to our guidelines.
Manuscripts are accepted on the understanding that they have not been and will not be published elsewhere. All submissions will be peer-reviewed. The editors have the final decision on publication. Accepted manuscripts become the copyright of the journal.
Preparation of Manuscripts
• The manuscripts are written in English.
• Manuscripts in Microsoft Word format.
• Manuscripts should be typed with an A4 paper margin and double-spaced.
• Times New Roman (Font 11).
• A full-length paper is between 3,000 to 5,000 words. (excluding the references and appendices)
• All graphs, charts, figures or tables should be put where the relevant texts appear in the paper.
In general, manuscripts should be organised in the following order:
A. Title Page (as a separate file which includes);
• Title of paper
• Name of authors
• Affiliations of authors
• E-mail address of the authors and corresponding author
• Acknowledgements of any funders or research grants
B. Main document (as a separate file without the authors details, but includes);
• Title of paper
• Keywords (3-5 words)
• Literature review/Background study
• Data collection
• Analysis and Results
Only references which are cited in the text should be included in the Reference List. the APA Style reference system is adopted for the journal. Please refer to guidelines presented in http://www.apastyle.org for details for submissions.. References within the text will be shown in bracket by quoting first, the author’s name followed by a comma and year of publication all in round bracket, e.g. (Salim, 2003).
References should appear at the end of the article, arranged in alphabetical order by the first author’s surname as follows:
• For books: surname, initials, (year), title, publisher, place of publication
• For journals: surname, initials, (year), title, journal, volume, number, pages
• For conference papers: surname, initials, (year), “title”, conference name, place, pages
Pescod, M. B. (1989), Environmental Engineering, Wiley, London Pescod, M. B. and Mara, D. (1987), Sewage Treatment, In Pescod, M. B. (Ed), Water and Wastewater Treatment, Wiley, London. pp 135-155 (1987)
Wakeman, R. A. (1989), Ultrasonic Cleaning of Membrane Processes, Journal of Membrane Science, 3(2):34-41
Suleyman, A. M. (1999), Use of Morringa Oleifera as Coagulant in Water Treatment, Proceedings of the International Conference on Water Treatment, Sarawak, Malaysia, pp 139-145